Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Mauling Worthy of Gin

a fictional response to Skullduggery by Kathleen Karr
Author's Note: This book is about people that go around digging up skulls for science, but somebody had been going after full freshly dead bodies and following the main character. This is from the point of view of Gin. He is Matthew Moriessey's dog. This is the fight sence from the book, but this time its from Gin's point of view.

How much stupider can you get, I thought to myself. Matthew, my master, had just attacked a body snatcher that is much bigger than him. Plus Matthew had no weapon. He did. As soon as Matthew left our hiding place sprinting I knew that it wouldn't end well. I have to protect my master at all costs. Its time to see what dogs can do.

"NO!!!!," I screamed at the top of my lungs, but it only came out as "WOOF! Woof woof woof!" By now, Matthew was closing in on the body snatcher, and the body snatcher had seen him. Matthew was very ill prepared compared to the body snatcher who had a knife and a full bottle of gin. Ironic? I think so. Anyways, Matthew had come to the body snatcher and head-butted him. While running full speed. He had caught the body snatcher off guard, but the body snatcher’s arms had come in on impact. Carrying a knife. Right into Matthew’s head. I had to defend my injured master. It’s a good thing that the body snatcher wasn’t expecting a dog, so I caught him unprepared, and never let up. I nearly had his knife arm for breakfast, and I would’ve if the police hadn’t shown up.

5 comments:

  1. This is very good writing sam! But to help people understand it more you might want to add an authors note to let us know what the book is about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was awesome! Like sophie said you might want to leave an authors note. It was still really good though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the book about? It sounds really good. Nice response too. I like how you have it from the dog's perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, do you mean body snatcher like in the horror movie? Or is this a book you're reading. Sorry if I should know. ADHD gives you a tendacy to zone out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounded like a dog, if dogs could talk. At the very beginning I was kind of confused but after you clarified it was a dog, it was really good. The ending is amazing again!

    ReplyDelete

A Tree Grows In Brooklyn