Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Nature's Beauty and Significance

Authors Note: I wrote this to show the natural beauty that happens every year and is just taken for granted. I also wanted to show it in a very relaxed environment.

Today I had my last football game of the season. Even though we had the conditioning czar it was an enjoyable season. In late autumn most of the trees are bare or orange. Besides the evergreens that is because, well the name kind of explains that. Coming off of a huge blow out of the Oconomowoc Coonies I was ecstatic. As awesome as the game was I was bummed because my dad is the worst person at finding open parking spots. EVER! We had to walk a mile, literally, but I thought might as well enjoy it.

I was looking closely at both the world around me and inside. As the light shone through the parting clouds it highlighted the orange glow of the maple leaves as they gently dropped off the tree to the ground cushioned by the cutting fall breeze as winter comes to turn orange, white. I knew that we must savor what is left here. What is here now. We must pass this picture of perfection to those near and around us. Tell all, show all what is needed in life for it to be worth living and complete. We are called by an unknown force to this one spot. This one moment. It must show us that the earth our home, the one which we are destroying, taking it past its prime, has promise. Once again we gather together in honor of the earth and its natural cycles. Realizing how insignificant we really are. We are but a speck of dust floating around in this never ending region of hope we call the universe, but while we have free will use it to every extent.

3 comments:

  1. Really? What team in their right mind would name themselves the Coonies?? That puzzles me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering why you didn't write this one the same as the piece that is all paragraphed, with intro. conclusion, etc. What happened there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a really good job describing the scene and everything around you. It sounds really pretty!

    ReplyDelete

A Tree Grows In Brooklyn