Friday, June 3, 2011

Final Reflection Piece

Author's Note: This is a reflection on my two years of middle school English class.

Over the past two years, in English at Asa, I have become a much better writer. When I came in I was writing only what was on the surface, if that. It has been a fun two years, full of academic growth, and finding myself as a writer, and a reader. The point of these middle school classes, is to grow, and find who you are, and the style in which you work.

I've found the times when I read and write my best, and when how I can put myself into a good place for writing. I've found who I am, and what I write like. I now know what I am capable of, as well as my limits. I now have an idea of where to push myself, and where I can't. I've developed a personality. It is now my voice, not just another paper written by another student.

Now that I'm me, I know where I stand on certain issues, and through my writing I understand that I can make myself heard. Now I don't just write simply because I'm told to, but I use it as a time of catharsis.
In my writing, I'm not a kid. I'm a writer.

Because I'm a writer, I am viewed evenly with everybody else. It is refreshing
. Now its even easier to write because I am writing about something I can relate to. Not Animal Farm, about a revolution in a country that I have never visited. I can finally write about whatever, and explain it clearly.

1 comment:

  1. This is a reassuring thing to read. I am glad you found that voice, that purpose. The task of finding who we are remains a life-long quest, but you are on such solid ground that I am confident you will clearly find your way. I have always enjoyed hearing your thoughts, reading your opinions, and seeing what your perspective is on whatever the topic at hand. Thank you for taking that leap of faith to actually engage your writing in a meaningful way.

    ReplyDelete

A Tree Grows In Brooklyn