Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Simplicity Being Often Overlooked

I live a live just like any other person in the world I have average parents, I'm an average height, everything about me is average. I lie, I do everything that makes people, people, but I feel wrong. I don't know why it is, but I just do, and I don't like the feeling. Well, I live in a subdivision and my house is right up against a huge forest, so I always go there to get away from life. It only works sometimes, other times I'm just too wrapped up in it to let go. One day, when my parents and siblings were at my sister's track meet, I decided to go into the forest. I didn't even think about where I was going I just walked and let my feet carry me. I even closed my eyes. Okay, I did hit a tree or two, but that's it. My feet just knew the way and I let them carry me. Once I opened my eyes all I could do was gawk.

I saw a monstrous river, that probably nobody in my family knew about. It was such an awe inspiring sight that I still see it in my mind. I had to stay, and I knew that. I knew that I had a good four or five hours before anybody would touch my house again so I stayed. I take off my clothes and gently ease in at a foaming bend in the river. I wish not to stay long but I knew that would never happen. As I finally settled I felt suddenly very tired. I just had to relax, and breathe. These were the thoughts going through my head, and then I woke up. I had no idea I was asleep until I had waken, but now looking at the river I was glad to have stayed.

The river glistened in the mid afternoon light, rolling off the rocks gently giving life to fish and plants alike. I just want to sit here for the rest of my life, one with nature, the promising future of earth. I feel as if I have been here long enough to grow roots, yet I am just a filter to which the water passes through cleansing me, my soul and my body, as if to say that I have a clean slate, a new life with which to do whatever I please.

2 comments:

  1. This whole piece was absolutely astounding. It was so amazing! I liked your vocabulary. Was this story all completely 100% true? Because if it was, that was a great way to tell the readers how you felt at the time and have them get cool pictures in their heads. And I really liked the ending. Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  2. No actually, almost none of it was true.

    ReplyDelete

A Tree Grows In Brooklyn